In the 21st century, many are still wondering whether or not to computerize the databases that we store in parish archives. In the era of digitization, some parish priests still have doubts about computerization and that is why here are some of the great advantages of having a computerized parish archives.
- Information kept for life. It preserves the history of the faithful of the parish. Not only those of now, but the data of all the parish books of all the history.
- Access your archive from anywhere. You only need internet access to be able to make any query. You can access not only from a computer, but also from a cell phone or tablet.
- Extract items or reports in a few seconds. Forget having to search sheet by sheet, book by book … a particular item. Having the file computerized allows us to locate and print items in just 10 seconds.
- Forget about carrying heavy documents in your briefcase. No need to carry heavy books or documents. By having everything computerized, any computer allows us to access the information.
- Don’t worry about the passing of time. We know that life goes by and parish books also notice the passing of time. The paper rots, the ink disappears? With a parish management program like Ecclesiared, our information is safe for the future.
- Forget about backups. With www.ecclesiared.es there is no need to make backup copies. Ecclesiared makes them every day so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Work online. Ecclesiared allows you to work with different users so the pastor can create different accounts so that all the members he wants can contribute to the computerization of the data. Each one can work from home but all of them can work in the same database. This makes the computerization process faster.